Discussion Board 2: Drug Abuse Prevention Program for High School Students
Course Learning Outcome: Evaluate drug, alcohol and tobacco use and abuse.
Group Member’s Names: ______________________________________________________
Scenario: You are a member of the PGCC Health Club. The principal at Largo High School invited the PGCC Health club to conduct a drug abuse prevention program for their students.
Instructions: Your assignment is to create a drug abuse prevention program for high school students. Please answer the questions below. You are required to work in your assigned groups.
Resource: National Institute on Drug Abuse –
Worth: 50 points
1. What will be the title of your program? Be creative
2. List and describe 5 goals of your program.
3. Create a slogan for your program ___________________________________________________
4. Putting It All Together – Summarize how your group will conduct the program you created. Questions to consider: Will you use a PowerPoint presentation, games, or social media? How will you assess whether or not you are meeting your program goals? Will you use pretest and post-test to assess student’s knowledge and learning outcomes? Will you give students an evaluation to assess the effectiveness of your program?
Include the following components:
1. Title of the program
2. Five goals for the program