The mean temperature for the month of July in Boston, Massachusetts is 73 degrees Fahrenheit. Plot the following data, which represent the observed mean temperature in Boston over the last 20 years:
- Is this a normal distribution? Explain your reasoning.
- What is an outlier? Are there any outliers in this distribution? Explain your reasoning fully.
- Using the above data, what is the probability that the mean will be over 76 in any given July?
- Using the above data, what is the probability that the mean will be over 80 in any given July?A heatwave is defined as 3 or more days in a row with a high temperature over 90 degrees Fahrenheit. Given the following high temperatures recorded over a period of 20 days, what is the probability that there will be a heatwave in the next 10 days?
- Day 193Day 288Day 391Day 486Day 592Day 691Day 790Day 888Day 985Day 1091Day 1184Day 1286Day 1385Day 1490Day 1592Day 1689Day 1788Day 1890Day 1988Day 2090
Customer surveys reveal that 40% of customers purchase products online versus in the physical store location. Suppose that this business makes 12 sales in a given day
- Does this situation fit the parameters for a binomial distribution? Explain why or why not?
- Find the probability of the 12 sales on a given day exactly 4 are made online
- Find the probability of the 12 sales fewer than 6 are made online
- Find the probability of the 12 sales more than 8 are made online